Friday, December 9, 2011

Our Two Year Old

Well it has been A LONG time since I did an update on Brooklyn and now that she is two there are a few things I wanted to write down before I forget them!
- Brooklyn weighs 25lbs and is 34" tall... that is the 25th percentile for weight and the 50th for height. She wears 2T clothes and a size 7 shoe!!!
- B has transitioned to a twin bed and sleeps about 12 hours a night
- She is quite the talker and has turned into quite the repeater (yes, I have had to stop saying a few things). Some of the funniest words she uses are fantastic, great, awesome, beautiful, delicious, and disgusting. She is usually pretty easy to understand even for other people but she has trouble with the l sound
- Brooklyn is very polite and says please, thank you, excuse me, sorry, you're welcome and bless you usually without being prompted
- B LOVES to sing... hopefully her vocal abilities improve. She has started to sing all of the songs with us in nursery and her favorites right now are 'Old McDonald', 'Do As I'm Doing', and 'Jingle Bells'
- She can count up to fifteen and can sing the alphabet... although parts of it are still questionable haha
- Brooklyn knows her name and will answer with it when you ask her what her name is. She also knows that she is now 2
- Her favorite show to watch is 'Peppa Pig' but she still loves 'Caillou'
- Brooklyn LOVES to read books... her favorites are 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' and 'Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?'. She can almost recite the whole of 'The Very Hungry Caterpillar' and after just getting 'Brown Bear' the other day already knows some of it
- She did great at the Dr.'s for her check up. She was a superstar with her shots and only cried for a second ('Brown Bear' was her reward for doing so well)
- B loves to help around the house... she loves to help unload and load the dishwasher, put her dishes in the sink when she is done with her snack and do the laundry. The vacuum, however, still freaks her out!
- She can be very loving and often tells us 'I love you so much', 'I miss you so much' and 'you make me so happy'. She also loves to ask for hugs. This morning she climbed into bed with me and was stroking my face and kissing me on my cheeks, ears, nose, and head haha
- B can also be quite bossy... she loves to point her finger and tell us what to do like 'lay down', 'hurry up', 'come here' and whatever else she wants us to do that we aren't doing quick enough
- She loved getting presents for her birthday and can not wait for Christmas. She has picked up on the idea of Santa and loves to see images of him and even walk by him at the mall. B also has an 'Elf on the Shelf' and loves to find her each day. She knows that the Elf goes to visit Santa and will tell him if she has been good.
- Nursery has been going well... but only because I am called in there. I still have issues leaving her... whether they are my issues or hers I am not sure but let's just say that Brooklyn still doesn't like to be left and I still don't like to leave her. We did however get a date night in the other night while B stayed with Mindi and apparently she did great and didn't even shed a tear!

We love her so much and couldn't have asked for a cuter or more amazing little girl!

Here are some of her birthday pictures...

1 comment:

Vanessa said...

I'm not having kids. Yours has won. She's perfect! Love you both!