Saturday, January 14, 2012

Christmas

We had a really great Christmas this year! Brooklyn was so in the swing of it after her birthday so it was a lot of fun for her, and of course for us to watch her. She was so great at opening presents that she even finished opening them all before we left for church which I never thought she would!! Brooklyn was very spoiled by everyone and got some awesome gifts including a new baby doll, Mrs Potato Head, puzzles, lots of books, rock with me Elmo, princess dress, and one of her favorites... some paints!! My parents also had my Aunt send over some Peppa Pig things from England... Brooklyn was in heaven and was by far the most excited opening her Peppa Pig book!!

Some Christmas excitement!
Paints!!
She was most excited opening up this present... A Peppa Pig book!
After spending the morning opening up presents we headed off to church. After that we rushed home to prepare a traditional English Christmas dinner! Brett and I put together a feast and took it over to celebrate with the Holladay's and Grandma White... it was so much fun cooking and sharing a little bit of what I grew up on with Brett's family.
I love this picture... her gorgeous Christmas dress was a gift from the Nelson's and I LOVED it!!
These two pictures I love because of how her eyes pop!
Christmas was so fun this year... I love the excitement that comes with having a toddler. I definitely missed spending it with my family especially because they were all together but I had an awesome day. I am also getting used to having Christmas in California and have quite enjoyed my warm winter... even though I usually crave a little bit of cold just right around Christmas! I hope you all had a great Christmas and a good start to 2012!!

1 comment:

Heather said...

what a great post! I agree...holidays with kids is just so much more fun! Suddenly the joy and fun you had as a kid all comes back but somehow multiplied...it's the greatest. Hoping to see you in Cali when we come in March! Love ya!