So I am sure most of you have heard the story of Brett and I, but in case you haven't here it is...
I was heading back to Indy for the summer after my semester at BYU. Rhi and I always hung out with the sales guys over the summer seen as they were the only LDS guys around. By the time I was home my sister had already found some guys and she was already dating one of them. She was on a mission to set me up with her boy's best friend, Brett. She would not stop talking about him and how perfect we would be. I did not believe her (we don't exactly have similar taste in men). I reluctantly hung out with the boys a couple of times but Brett was never around so I never had the chance to meet him, not that I was interested anyway. Well Vandi hosted a Sunday BBQ so me and Rhi showed up and Brett ended up being there too. We met and neither of us was particularly interested in the other. After an afternoon playing around at the park, and discovering that we had the same birthday, things changed. We ended up hanging out the next day and have been together ever since!
After the summer
ended, Brett headed back to San Diego (where he is from) and I headed back to BYU. After realizing that I didn't want to lose Brett I ended up back in Indy for a whole week or two before Brett asked me to move to San Diego. His amazing family had a job for me, and a place for me to stay. Needless to stay I packed up my bags and left just a few days later.
San Diego was amazing!! It took us a while to figure out our relationship but Brett proposed the following January and we were married in the San Diego temple on June 14th, 2007!
We are living here in Southern California and loving it! Brett is working and going to school full time and I am working at the bank! Things are going great for us and we are excited to see what the future holds -xox-
I was heading back to Indy for the summer after my semester at BYU. Rhi and I always hung out with the sales guys over the summer seen as they were the only LDS guys around. By the time I was home my sister had already found some guys and she was already dating one of them. She was on a mission to set me up with her boy's best friend, Brett. She would not stop talking about him and how perfect we would be. I did not believe her (we don't exactly have similar taste in men). I reluctantly hung out with the boys a couple of times but Brett was never around so I never had the chance to meet him, not that I was interested anyway. Well Vandi hosted a Sunday BBQ so me and Rhi showed up and Brett ended up being there too. We met and neither of us was particularly interested in the other. After an afternoon playing around at the park, and discovering that we had the same birthday, things changed. We ended up hanging out the next day and have been together ever since!
After the summer
San Diego was amazing!! It took us a while to figure out our relationship but Brett proposed the following January and we were married in the San Diego temple on June 14th, 2007!
We are living here in Southern California and loving it! Brett is working and going to school full time and I am working at the bank! Things are going great for us and we are excited to see what the future holds -xox-
2 comments:
I have heard it again, but I love it! You seem so good together.
Thanks for starting a blog, I am way better at blogs than facebook!
I miss you!
Great story! it's one for the books! I am so happy for you two!
Post a Comment