I have never been one for Valentine's Day and not just because I was alone and bitter. Last year I cancelled V Day... no gifts... no overpriced flowers... no spectacular plans... and I was just fine. This year it snuck up so quick I didn't even start thinking about it until the beginning of the week. I tried to think of some elaborate dinner I could make, and a gift I could get that Brett would love
and, well, I came up with nothing. Brett was already at work by the time I got out of bed but already sitting there on the counter, in a vase, all trimmed, were 12 pink roses. How cute? I much prefer the things I get when I don't cancel V Day. I am by no means a traditional kinda girl but I was in love with the simple and traditional pink roses my husband had left for me. I am glad I didn't make an elaborate dinner because we spent the evening at the hospital with Brett's Uncle and the rest of his family. It truly was the best Valentines Day; I was right where I should have been... with my husband and our family.
We headed off around 8 or so and decided to grab dinner at CPK. I am not sure what we were thinking because Brett and I have the WORST luck at that restaurant. They always screw something up like pouring water into our lemonade, or a waitress that disappears, or the wrong crust on the pizza. I must say however they are usually pretty good at rectifying the situation... and that usually means we get something free. V Day was no exception. We are seated immediately (amazing for V Day right... maybe this is just an indication of the service) and we go ahead and order pretty quickly. We are just hanging out drinking our water and eating the bread... time passes and we are just enjoying dinner together... one problem... no dinner. I notice that all of the people who arrived significantly after us are all happily eating their meals. Brett and I are not the complaining type and neither of us were in the least bit mad that our food was nowhere to be seen. We did not say anything to the waitress or anyone else for that matter. A couple of minutes after we noticed that everyone else was eating and we were not the manager came up and informed us that our order had been missed and that it was in the oven as we spoke. She also mentioned that she would "take care of dinner". Even after all that, they still mixed up my pizza, but we were fine and still enjoying our night out. Well the situation was finally resolved (still without any negative input from me or Brett) and ended up with us getting 2 pizzas, a pasta dish, and dessert for FREE!!! They took care of the whole bill! BEST V DAY EVER haha.... and a cheap o
ne! I was amazed and thrilled of course.
So next year I am thinking I will let V Day be... no cancelling it but nothing elaborate either. I had such a good night with Brett. I felt like I was falling in love with him all over again... and nothing beats the feeling of falling in love! So here is a lesson for all of you out there... if you are looking for something cheap to do on V Day, just go to CPK!
and, well, I came up with nothing. Brett was already at work by the time I got out of bed but already sitting there on the counter, in a vase, all trimmed, were 12 pink roses. How cute? I much prefer the things I get when I don't cancel V Day. I am by no means a traditional kinda girl but I was in love with the simple and traditional pink roses my husband had left for me. I am glad I didn't make an elaborate dinner because we spent the evening at the hospital with Brett's Uncle and the rest of his family. It truly was the best Valentines Day; I was right where I should have been... with my husband and our family.We headed off around 8 or so and decided to grab dinner at CPK. I am not sure what we were thinking because Brett and I have the WORST luck at that restaurant. They always screw something up like pouring water into our lemonade, or a waitress that disappears, or the wrong crust on the pizza. I must say however they are usually pretty good at rectifying the situation... and that usually means we get something free. V Day was no exception. We are seated immediately (amazing for V Day right... maybe this is just an indication of the service) and we go ahead and order pretty quickly. We are just hanging out drinking our water and eating the bread... time passes and we are just enjoying dinner together... one problem... no dinner. I notice that all of the people who arrived significantly after us are all happily eating their meals. Brett and I are not the complaining type and neither of us were in the least bit mad that our food was nowhere to be seen. We did not say anything to the waitress or anyone else for that matter. A couple of minutes after we noticed that everyone else was eating and we were not the manager came up and informed us that our order had been missed and that it was in the oven as we spoke. She also mentioned that she would "take care of dinner". Even after all that, they still mixed up my pizza, but we were fine and still enjoying our night out. Well the situation was finally resolved (still without any negative input from me or Brett) and ended up with us getting 2 pizzas, a pasta dish, and dessert for FREE!!! They took care of the whole bill! BEST V DAY EVER haha.... and a cheap o
ne! I was amazed and thrilled of course.So next year I am thinking I will let V Day be... no cancelling it but nothing elaborate either. I had such a good night with Brett. I felt like I was falling in love with him all over again... and nothing beats the feeling of falling in love! So here is a lesson for all of you out there... if you are looking for something cheap to do on V Day, just go to CPK!
1 comment:
Beth, what a great story!! I think we had a similar mix-up at CPK in Hawaii or all places. But who could complain, it was HAWAII!! Love you~
Post a Comment