Naming a baby is probably the hardest thing in the world. I don't want to name my little one until she is born, but I do want to have a list of two or three so that she is not stuck nameless at the hospital. That being said I am having a very difficult time! I am very, very picky. I like unusual names, that are unique but still adorable. For example, I love the name Sailor (Brett has already ruled against this which is why I am sharing... I am pretty secretive about some of my ideas). I think Sailor is cute and different and I want to find a name with that same appeal. I have read through an entire baby name book and finished empty handed. I need HELP!! So here is my challenge for you... throw me some ideas... and remember I like them to be unique
haha (told you I was picky)!
9 comments:
So I definitely know what you mean! There is a lot of pressure that comes with naming a baby. I would suggest the name Poppy, but a lady at work said her sister got made fun of in school being called "Poopie." So I guess that one's out of the question. haha. (btw, i wouldn't really suggest the name Poppy.) I'll keep an ear out for other names. :)
Good luck.... the twins were unnamed in the hospital for over a week cos we couldn't decide! I was so scared... it's such a big responsibility... this is what they are gonna be known by for the rest of their lives. I didn't want them to hate us!! Not that that's much help.... I'll get my thinking cap on!
Hey.. take a look at the following:-
http://www.gurgle.co.uk/tools/baby_names/Origin/default.aspx?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=ppc&gclid=CMzOtuuk35wCFYIA4wodBhXoHg
http://pregnancychildbirth.suite101.com/article.cfm/unusual_baby_names_for_girls
http://www.babynamesgarden.com/uniquebabynames.aspx
http://www.buzzle.com/articles/unique-baby-girl-names.html
http://www.babynames.org.uk/top-girl-baby-names.htm
http://www.babyhold.com/
and there's loads more sites if you do a search... I searched for 'unusual girls names'.
Picked out Blaise and Opal before I decided to just give you the links!!!
Good Luck!
Stells
xxx
the hard thing with unusual names is that most kids hate them until they are older and if it's too unusual than other kids will make fun of them. finding the right balance is seriously hard. but all in all- if you leave the hospital without a name, you wouldn't be the only one. it happens all the time. just make sure you get the birth certificate filled out on time! :)
i'm sure my mom has some for ya...i like sailor...but what about sawyer? it's close??? i don't know...
Poppy is the name of a mean girl on Gossip Girl, but I actually like it. Maybe because I love Gossip Girl I don't know.
I am not going to give you adivice because I may say some name that you HATE. Oh wait, that already happened and it is a name I am using for my baby. I hope you don't hate her too, whenever she decides to grace us with her presence:)
I love you Beth. Remember, the fun thing about a babies name is after she is named, it because her. It doesn't matter the name because they almost always work out. For instance, could you imagine Carla Lily Victoria with any other name? I can't!
I thought of 2 for ya - Delilah and Ainsley. Cute!
i love the name pixie.
megan
I love the name Poppy and no matter what you choose some idiot on the playground will find a way to make fun of it. Too bad, I love the name Sailor too. I also liked Taelor (a little different).But beware, Calah has decided that she really does not like her name and that it doesn't suit her. I actually kind of agree, she is thinking of changing it. maybe we should be nameless for a few years until we can get it right :0)
PS I love Brooklyn!
Post a Comment