Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Fear of needles

Just a quick addition... most of you know that I am absolutely terrified of needles... I have managed to overcome the hysterical crying but I still have a tendency to feel incredibly light headed and turn a lovely green color. So after admitting me to the hospital they needed to put in an IV. I knew that this would happen but I was still terrified. It took them THREE attempts to get the IV in... THREE!!! I was horrified. Then they needed to draw blood and the needle they used for the IV was too small so they then took two more attempts to draw blood. I was not amused at all. I was only in the hospital for a few hours and I had already been stuck FIVE times!!! At this point I was thinking I would skip the epidural... I had been stuck enough for one day. Well just a few hours later I was begging for that needle haha. And let me tell you when he came in I didn't complain, I didn't wince at all, I took that needle like it was candy. Apparently I am selective in my fear of needles haha. Later on that night they came to draw blood again and I was absolutely fine... I didn't feel ill at all! Maybe I have overcome my fear... but then again judging by the fact that I have sweaty palms just writing about needles, maybe not.

1 comment:

The Miranda's said...

I didn't even feel my epiderals..lol...they do something amazing!