Monday, September 6, 2010

9 Months

It is so crazy to think that in just a few months Brooklyn will be one! I was looking back at pictures of her as a newborn and I can't believe how much she has changed and grown. At 9 months Brooklyn is as feisty as ever - she has definitely developed her own personality. This month she hit quite a few milestones and it has been so fun to watch her master new skills. Here is what is new with Baby B...
-She has 4 teeth and a 5th about to cut through - they make for the cutest smiles!
-This month she took her first steps... she has managed to do 4 so far
-She is getting really good at standing up alone - she will stand alone for about 30 seconds or so
-She LOVES to dance and she will dance to just about anything including church hymns, the ice machine, and the vacuum haha
-She waves and will wave to anybody or anything (this has been one of my favorites)
-I am also officially crowning 'duck' as her first word. She has a little duck for her baths and at first I thought she was just repeating the sound I was making but I really think she has figured it out and is saying it
-She will cuddle me and her toys... still working on her hugging other people though
-She has gotten so much better with people - thankfully!
-If you close a door and leave her on the other side she will stand up against it, bang her hand on it and cry - so sad
-She is getting very cheeky and learning what 'no' means - she will crawl up to something she shouldn't and turn around to see your reaction. When you tell her 'no' she has two reactions... sometimes she will crawl even faster toward the banned object, or she will smile and crawl quickly toward something else she shouldn't
-She has started to grind her teeth (eek)
-She loves any toy that plays music... of course, it gives her a reason to dance

This month at her check-up she weighed 18lbs 14oz which is in the 50th percentile and measured 28 1/2 in which is in the 75th percentile... growing perfectly! We took some pictures of her tonight... thanks to Kalvin and Brynn for her adorable Harley Davidson dress - SO cute!

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

I can't believe how grown up she looks and I just saw her a month ago! Crazy! And that toothy grin is so adorable!

Brynn said...

Oh my goodness Beth, she is sooooo cute! My eyes are welling up with tears because I miss her so much! The picture of her crying is priceless.

Carla said...

I love it! So stinkin' adorable!

The Miranda's said...

so fun! I love when they start to get their own personalities! She is so cute!

lisset said...

she can't really be nine months, can she? craaaazy. but how fun for you guys to be experiencing so many awesome milestones.