Friday, September 24, 2010

10 Months!

I am so proud of myself for getting this post up so quickly haha. Brooklyn turned 10 months old yesterday... only two more months and she will be one, how is that possible?? I must say I love all the things she is doing but I do miss having my snuggly little newborn. Is it normal that I am super sad at the thought of her turning one?? Being Brooklyn's mum is such a huge blessing. I am constantly overwhelmed thinking of the love a mother has for her child, it is such an amazing thing and I feel so lucky that I know that love. Brooklyn is getting more and more beautiful and is always the center of attention when we go out in public. Here is our monthly update...
-Brooklyn is getting more confident both standing and taking steps by herself... it is my absolute favorite thing watching her walking
-After a few weeks of waking up multiple times a night, Brooklyn is back to sleeping through the night... usually for about 11 hours!
-Her favorite song is Miley Cyrus 'Party in the USA'... no matter what kind of mood she is in if you put it on she will start dancing. Yesterday we were in the car and she was getting mad and crying because she wanted to get out so I put on the song... silence... and when I turned around I could see her little head bopping haha
-She is talking more and more. Dada is definitely her favorite sound and I think she is starting to connect that word with Brett. She also says mama a lot, duck of course, and we are trying to teach her how to say baby
-This month she also discovered that she can open cupboards which I hate! She has already broken one of my big mixing bowls. I was standing right next to her but had my hands full and I figured there was no way she could lift out my huge set of bowls, but she did and the bottom one broke as she dropped it on the floor. No worries, she was fine!
-She is starting to reject baby food and spit it back at me when I try to give it to her (NOT FUN!) I am incorporating more and more finger foods into her diet but so far she is not a fan of vegetable pieces
-This month we ate our first family dinner where Brooklyn ate what we ate... well at least a little. She ate bread, a few carrots from the casserole as well as a little beef. We gave her broccoli, cauliflower and potato but she wasn't interested
-She is super tall and is fitting nicely in 12 month clothes
-She has 5 teeth and I think the 6th is on its way
-She screams A LOT... loud and high. It's a happy scream, a 'look what noise I can make' scream but it is really loud ha
-After being such a good sport for so long she has decided that she does not like wearing headbands so these days she sports a little ponytail with a little bow
-Today she also went on a swing for the first time and she loved it. Of course it was the perfect chance to take some pictures. Its almost 100 degrees here today so don't laugh at her bright red, sweaty face haha






 I can not get enough of her cheeky little face in this last picture... I feel like it sums her up pretty well haha! Love to you all -xox-

2 comments:

Brynn said...

I'm coming to CA this week! I can't wait to see my niece!!!

Carla said...

SO ADORABLE!