Thursday, May 24, 2012

Two and a Half

Now that B is two and a half, I thought I should do an update post...
- B is about 28 lbs and about 3 feet tall... She is wearing 2T bottoms but I still have to tighten the bands inside and 2T or 3T tops
- She has 18 teeth... She is only missing the two back top teeth. B LOVES to brush her teeth and even loves to floss!
- Brooklyn is 100% potty trained including through the night!!!
- She is a super great talker... the Dr even told me she was gifted (which I honestly find hysterical... I don't buy much into the whole 'gifted' thing so don't expect me to enroll her in school or anything fancy just yet). She has trouble with the 'l' sound but other than that she talks very well. Unfortunately for me she also repeats EVERYTHING
- She has started to make fun of my accent... Up until now she has sounded very English when she talks but she has recently decided to say banana in an American accent and if I ask her to say it like me she totally mocks me haha


- She loves to dance and sing... her favorite songs are 'Sexy and I Know It' and Fresh Beat Band's 'Here We Go'. She knows words to both songs and yesterday I caught her walking around singing 'I'm sexy and I know it'.... hence why I said it is unfortunate that she repeats everything haha


- Her favorite show is Dora and she does a hysterical version of the Dora theme song
- She loves to sit on my lap and have me ask her questions... She knows her full name and age, both mine and Brett's full names and ages, all of our birthdays, where we live and what color eyes we all have.
- We have a great little bed time routine set up... scriptures, books and prayer. She has been saying her own prayer without help for a few months now and can 'read' a lot of books by herself too
- She loves to be dressed up and everyday asks for a necklace and a bow!
- Nursery is still a work in progress... we are in a new ward and it has been an adjustment!
- Brooklyn is very loving... she absolutely adores babies! She loves to go and stroke their heads and she whenever she spots a baby she always yells out about how cute they are
- B loves to do puzzles and has gotten pretty good at them


- She answers to the nicknames 'B' and 'Missy LaRoo'... I seriously have no clue where the last one came from but I call her it all the time!
- B has developed a great appetite FINALLY!!! She loves bread, pancakes, fruit, goldfish crackers, but her favorite snack is cheese. She will now try whatever we are eating and usually eat it without complaint
- Her little laugh has recently changed and instead of a cute baby/toddler laugh she now sounds like a little girl!!! It is so cute but definitely made me a little teary eyed when I first noticed the change... she is growing up too fast!
- She is a hysterical kid and very sassy... we LOVE her!!

4 comments:

The Miranda's said...

cute! she is soo smart!

Brynn said...

Mason and I watched the videos together and we were cracking up! He just said "oh I miss her soooo much!!!" Me too!!!!! She is so awesome! I'm getting all teary eyed just thinking about how much I love her and you! Can't wait to see you!!!

Carla said...

Such a sweetheart! What a cutie!

Vanessa said...

those videos are my absolute favorite