Friday, April 25, 2014

Jewel and Mindi

We were so excited when we got a text from Mindi telling us that the WI winter was so bad that she and Jewel had to get out of there!! B could not wait to see Jewel and their whole trip was so much fun!!

We took them to our favorite farmer's market on Saturday morning. The girls danced to the band and had a whole crowd watching them!! Of course they were dressed up like princesses and looked adorable!









After the farmer's market, we headed to the beach. It was freezing but Jewel was desperate to swim in the ocean and even wanted me to take her a bathing suit!!!



Later the girl's gave us our very own performance!! They had a great time trading princess costumes and dressing up!






Having your bestie in town can be very tiring!!


The highlight of their vacation was a trip to Disneyland. We joined them for one day but I will post that separately because I have a million pictures!! Jewel and Mindi stayed there for another couple of days so we filled our time with a trip to the Safari Park with Brett!


I am pretty much terrified of every animal, including birds, however I am trying to be braver so that B won't be afraid of them. So I made my second trip in to feed the Lorakeets. We bought some nectar so that B could feed them and as soon as one flew to her she screamed and dropped it... it was HYSTERICAL!! I am kicking myself that I didn't get it on video. Maybe I have already embedded my fears into her... although we also visited the lemurs and that went much better!









B was so excited when Jewel and Mindi finally returned from Disneyland. We spent a day hanging out at Grammy's, which included homemade orange juice made by the girls, gingerbread men decorating, and belated birthday presents for Jewel!







Jewel was so cute and just wanted to go to the beach everyday. We made a day of it and took the train to Oceanside. It was so fun and even though it was still a little chilly, the kids had a blast and even braved it in swimsuits again!!

















We had such a great time with Jewel and Mindi and can not wait until they come back!!

No comments: