Brooklyn and I are so proud of Brett!! Even though Brett is so busy with work and school, he has still made it a priority to work on his fitness. One of his goals for 2010 was to compete in a triathlon and on Saturday he did it!! It was a sprint triathlon down in Mission Bay, San Diego. The race consisted of a 600 yard swim, a 15 mile bike ride, followed by a 5k run. It was supposed to pour with rain and Brett was leaving to drive down at about 3:30am so he insisted that Brooklyn and I shouldn't come. He didn't want us to stand in the pouring rain. After Brett left I got up and checked the weather and it still said there was a chance of rain but I decided to drive down. I wanted Brett to have his biggest fans there even if it meant we sat in the car the whole time. Luckily it stopped raining!!! They had already closed the road when I got there and the only way to get to the finish line was to walk up the muddy hillside... seen as I had the stroller that wasn't going to happen, so instead I stood on the side of the road where they were cycling and running right past us. I was worried that we would have missed Brett completely but we didn't!! We saw him twice on the run. Brooklyn screamed the WHOLE time we were there... apparently she didn't enjoy the cold or being woken up that early. But the most important thing was that we were there, cheering for Brett!! It was so awesome to see him doing something he enjoys and we are so proud of him!!
3 comments:
that is awesome! congrats Brett!
way to go brett!!! and so cute of you to take brooklyn and surprise him!
nice white legs brett! :)
Post a Comment