Brooklyn is such an amazing little girl and Brett and I are so grateful that she is ours! It has been quite a while since I have done an update on her and seen as she is doing all kinds of new tricks I figured now is a great time...
- B talks A LOT... I can not even begin to write down everything she says because it would take me all night. She can put together sentences and ask and answer questions. One of her favorite conversations is as follows...
B- 'Where's Jewel?'
Us - 'I don't know, where is she?'
B - 'Jewel went night night, Jewel is taking a nap'
Jewel is B's cousin and apparently is always sleeping haha
B also knows everyone in the family's name and loves to point them all out in pictures!
Her latest saying is 'look'... every sentence now begins with that word. For example when Brett got home from work today she ran up to him and said 'look Daddy, Daddy is home'!
- B can almost sing the whole alphabet as well as count to ten. She also loves to sing 'Itsy Bitsy Spider' and 'Twinkle Twinkle'
- She says please and thank you, most of the time without being prompted. She also says sorry and excuse me but usually needs a little prompting
- She LOVES to jump... not just on the floor, but off of the couch, on our bed, into the pool... she thinks it is hysterical
- B has loved to swim this summer and her and Jewel have become quite the pros. They both wear water wings but have become pretty fearless and even love to go down the slide by themselves, going under at the bottom!
- She has gone down to only one nap a day... that happened forever ago and at first was a little hard because she would be so tired by the end of the day, but now she takes a morning nap and is good to go. I actually love it because it means we can go play all afternoon!
- I also never documented that we got rid of the binky!!! I thought it would never happen because she LOVED that thing. I think it happened back in May and thankfully it wasn't even too big of an adjustment. We would make her leave it in her bed, and she was so funny about it because she knew it had to stay in there but sometimes she would try and sneak it out during the day and as soon as she got caught with it she would run it right back to her bed without even being asked to. After a week or so of that we just took it away, and after a couple of nights she was great!
- Nursery has been... interesting. My sister-in-law is a nursery worker in their ward which meets right before our ward. We went to their ward a lot this summer and B LOVED being in nursery with Mindi and Jewel. The past couple of weeks we have been good and gone to our ward and she is not so thrilled about going to our nursery... I am thinking she is just really tired but hopefully she will adjust soon. I stay in their with her but she has still been crying to leave :(
- I joined a gym... and I cancelled my membership already haha. B HATES the kids club at the gym... she would start crying before we even walked in the door. It's kind of a bummer but the 10 minute workouts I was getting before they were calling me in to get B, weren't worth the money
- Brooklyn LOVES Caillou... if you don't know what Caillou is I am jealous because she may love him but I do not!
- Brooklyn has also started to get time outs... Brett and I have a hard time disciplining her because we think she is so funny even when she is being bad, but now if she does something bad we put her in the corner and usually she sits their so nicely and when her time is up she is usually pretty sweet and says sorry
- B LOVES to brush her teeth and will do it every chance she gets
- Brooklyn has started to get the concept of prayers and while she hasn't said one yet we always encourage her and she is super reverent when we pray
- B experienced her first act of violence from another kiddo recently when a little girl bit her!!! I was so surprised and poor B had no clue what to do... she definitely avoided her for the rest of the day!
- Brooklyn is still very attached to Brett and I and always likes to make sure we are close by. She has definitely gotten more comfortable with family which has been nice. When it comes to strangers she definitely goes through phases. The other day we were doing the grocery shopping and she said hello to every person that walked by, but on Sunday she wanted nothing to do with anyone she didn't know!
- B has a great memory... as we pull into our apartment complex she always says 'home' before we even get through the gate. As most people know I love English chocolate and I definitely visit World Market fairly often because they sell it there... Whenever we get out of the car at World Market B yells out 'chocolate!!'... I know I know, I must go there too much. She also knows that we are at Mindi and Karl's house as we pull into their street
We are so grateful that she is a part of our family!
July School Holidays
2 months ago






2 comments:
Ha ha! I can hear her and you both saying "where's Jeeeewulll? where's kaaaawwwullll?" She looks so gorgeous in the pictures. Tressa wore her dress to church on Sunday and it made me miss b & j so much!
She is so cute!!! Isn't it so fun to be a mom! and I LOVE her dress!
Post a Comment