Monday, November 2, 2009

Week 36

Yay for new pictures... Boo for new pictures that make you realize how HUGE you are!! I still can not believe how big I look in this picture... I didn't think I was that big... but I guess that's what happens when you have a baby!

So here it is... my week 36 bump



I can not believe that I am nearing the end of my pregnancy! Although I must say the thought of not being pregnant is soooo exciting!! The thought of having a baby though... that is a little scary. We are still undecided on a name. I am thinking that we will just have to wait to see her and pick from the few that we like. I am also undecided on whether or not to get an epidural... so feel free to share your opinion. The whole needle terrifies me but I am thinking that at that point I may not care so much about the needle =) One more thing I need help with... what did you not pack in your hospital bag that you wish you had?? Or what did you pack that you are so glad you did?? I am trying to get prepared!

Thanks!! -xox-

10 comments:

The Miranda's said...

First, you look amazing! I tried to go natural the first time around, but honestly, the pain is so much worse than a little poke that you don't even feel when it happens...I don't remember what I packed or wish I would have packed..sorry..lol..You kinda forget that stage once it's over.

Unknown said...

I tried to go natural and was determined until about 6 hours in. I was induced, so from the time they broke my water to when I actually had McKinley was about 12 hours. The epidural begins to wear off around 4 hours so after my epidural wore off they just gave me enough drugs to take the edge off. The epidural slows down labor, which stinks, so I would say to try and last as long as you can without it. Pitocen will speed things up, but I just felt like that was too many drugs for me! Good luck, that's a tough decision!

Hmmm, something i'm glad that I packed... I guess just comfy clothes. People are always in and out of your room visiting you so its nice to be wearing something other than just a gown. Realistically though, the hospital has everything you'll need so you just need to take whatever you need to make you comfortable.

We'll say a prayer for you when you go into labor. Hopefully it's quick and painless! It's so exciting to be a mom!!

lisset said...

pish posh. that is NOT a huge belly. it is perfect. i went 14 hours without an epidural and it made me feel like superwoman. then i had the epidural and i still felt like superwoman. moral of the story: labor as much as you can without it, and then do yourself a favor and have the dang drugs!
and as far as hospital packing: a robe, slippers, and at least a pseudo nice shirt you can throw on when people come by to say hello/ take pictures. just keep your bottom half under the covers :)
good luck!!!! so exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Beth!
You look great!! How are you doing? I was wondering if I could have your email and I can add you to our blog. Send it here if you want. klalewis@hotmail.com Hope all is well for you.

Kasey Lewis

Kelsey Ann said...

I think you look so good. You should have seen me at 36 weeks. You look like me at 28 weeks, no joke!
You can try the no drug thing, but I am all for drugs. When it feels like somthing is trying to rip open your 'you know what' and you feel like you want to die, you may change your mind. I would try the no drugs and if you can handle the pain then I would be all for it. Some people go real quick so you never know. I had a rather long 15 hour experience, so the drugs were my savior of pain.
I didn't really forget anything at the hospital, but make sure you have overnight pads for you and diapers for her when you get home. We had both, but only because I was warned.
I miss you Beth and hope you are feeling okay in these last weeks. It is a great experience and I am so excited for you to be a mom!

Megan and Vinny said...

since i have never been through it myself, i can only go by what others have said to me.

after michelle had micah - she had to be induced, had pitocin, and then opted for an epidural - she told me that going all natural is a crock! but i think that being induced increases the pain, too! because michelle IS wonderwoman and can withstand just about anything!

my only other advice comes from michelle duggar (from the tv show 18 kids and counting.). she has had an epidural, a c-section, and natural births. she said that if you can make it through naturally you heal so much more quickly.

love you! still love the name pixie!!
megan

Caren said...

First of all you are NOT huge! Trust me on this! You look great! I have had an epidural and not had one and the best thing is a well-timed epidural! Calah came too late and I had all the pain, but when it was time to push I was too numb. Kenzie was so fast I didn't have time for an epidural and I felt great after. Go with an open mid. Each one is different and they won't give it to you until you are "ready" by their standards. By them you may have made up your mind :-)
I loved having my own jammies and pillow from home. I brought a book and din't even look at it!I would say music and chapstick and a hairband for sure.
Good luck and we cna't wait to meet her!!

Colleen said...

Have the epidural! I had the first 4 without and finally had one with Emma. Believe me it was great! No reason to be in pain when you don't need to.

heather said...

Hey Beth! I happened to cross your blog from someone else's! if you don't remember me thats ok! My advice for things to bring to the hospital is you can never have too many things packed. With my 2nd I went straight from the Dr's office to the hospital withOUT my bag (that i didn't even have packed) So I have just about nothing. So pack your bag before so just in case your hubby has to get your things he just has to get one bag! I missed my own shampoo since wanted a shower so bad after labor! so more is good! I hope everything goes well! Congratulations!

Heather said...

First of all, YOU ARE NOT HUGE. You wanna see huge? Check my blog out! Second, epidurals are a good thing. You're going to have a lot more junk going on to be worried about than a big needle going into your back. If worse comes to worse just cover your eyes and no peeking. No sweat. We're so excited for you! And thirdly, what to take to the hospital, I would suggest a pretty nightgown with a button down front to accommodate both visitors and new nursing baby. Absolutely.