Saturday, February 12, 2011

Vegas!

Brett and I managed to sneak in a night to Vegas... ALONE!! Yes, yes I actually left B for the night and surprisingly it went amazingly well. It was so fun to spend some quality time exploring Vegas with Brett. It was my first time there and I can not wait to go back. We drove up on a Monday afternoon and checked in at The Trump Hotel. We had a great room with a fabulous view of the strip. The Trump Hotel is awesome because it doesn't have a casino which means you make it to your room without smelling like smoke. It is also at the end of the strip so if you get a room with the strip view you can see the whole strip.
Of course the picture does it no justice so just trust me when I say it was awesome. After checking out our room we headed to Benihana for dinner. It was, of course, delicious... tasted better than our Benihana haha. After dinner we headed over to Circus Circus where we played some games in an attempt to win something cute for B... sadly we were unsuccessful haha. Next we decided to check out the strip. I was super excited to see the fountain show at the Bellagio and it did not disappoint. All of the hotels are just unreal and have the coolest features, it was a lot of fun to see.
The next day we headed over to check out the Shark Reef Aquarium... you can actually swim with the sharks there and we got to see some people in the tank with them. We then headed over to the huge coke and m&m shops. For breakfast we shared a diet coke float, healthy right?
 
After grabbing some lunch we hit the road to head home to our cute and very missed little one. Brooklyn stayed with Mindi and Susan while we were gone and by all reports was an angel... not that they would tell me if she wasn't! It was a great night and we really appreciate Mindi and Susan for letting us get away... can't wait to do it again!

1 comment:

Kelsey Ann said...

How much fun beth. Tyler and I actually just went to Vegas last month, my first time too. We should have planned that one a little better huh. Tyler had a convention so we stayed for 4 days and saw a lot. But I never made it to the end of the strip you stayed at. I wanted so badly to go to the mall (Amy, who is getting married and just got proposed to in Vegas last Saturday, said it is an amazing mall). I guess I must return in the future. Want to come:)?!!!!!