Most of Brett's family headed to Wisconsin on Christmas Day to spend a couple of weeks with the Davies family. After being there for a few days they decided that Brooklyn and I should go join them. At first the thought of flying with Brooklyn by myself again was a little intimidating but after some persuasion I booked a ticket. It was pretty spontaneous... and spontaneous is something I usually don't do. I was pretty anxious about it all, especially because Brooklyn and I were going to be gone for 2 weeks (a week and a half with Brynn and then a few days with my family) but it was awesome and I am so glad we went. First of all it is SOOOOOO COLD in Wisconsin. Seriously, I thought the cold would be comparable to Indy but it seemed so much colder. Regardless of the cold we had a great time and did a lot of really fun things.
Kalvin works for Harley Davidson which is headquartered in Milwaukee, so of course we had to take a trip to the Harley Museum. We had tons of fun getting the kids dressed up in biker gear and sitting on all the different models of Harley's.
For New Years, the Holladay's joined us and we made some delicious fondue and celebrated with root beer floats. After the New Year we made big plans for a few fun filled days at the Wisconsin Dells. Mindi and Brynn have been taking their kids there for years, my family has also been so I was excited to see what all the fuss was about. About half way through the drive Brooklyn threw up EVERYWHERE! We should have taken that as a sign to turn around because upon arrival at the hotel we all started getting sick. We left the next day... Brooklyn and I didn't even make it down to any of the pools haha. Sure enough over the next few days, one by one we all got really sick. Mindi, Karl and Ty were the only ones who stayed healthy. It was a very interesting few days... Brett's family definitely got to know me in ways I wish they never had haha... family bonding for sure. We still had lots of fun amidst the sickness... the kids got to go skiing and had a blast. My favorite day was spent at the Betty Brinn Children's Museum. If you are ever close to Milwaukee I would definitely recommend it... it was awesome. I think I enjoyed it just as much as Brooklyn. They had a great play area for little ones which B loved, but the other exhibits were also a ton of fun. They had a super market, mechanic, TV station, bank, dance studio and so many other fun things. Brooklyn's favorite thing was probably the slides in the little kids area... she could have gone down all day long and been content. It is a really great museum and we really enjoyed it! (The first picture is Brooklyn's bff and my adorable niece Jewel; under the car is one of my other gorgeous nieces Tressa)
We also did lots of shopping, ate some Chicago style pizza, visited the Sprecker's Root Beer Factory and of course made sure Brooklyn looked adorable through it all! We had a really great visit and I can not wait to go again and take Brett! Thanks Brynn -xox-
July School Holidays
2 months ago






1 comment:
Beth - I'm crying again!!! I miss you guys soooo much!!!!!
Post a Comment