On March 31st, Brett finished his second Ironman 70.3 in Oceanside. He amazes me with his hardwork in training and the ability to finish such a long race. In case you don't know 70.3 refers to the miles the race covers... 1.2 mile swim, 56 mile bike, 13.1 mile run. After completing the same race last year he has been excited to do it again and even talked his friend Chris into doing it with him.
B and I went down to cheer on Brett and were joined by Terry & Susan, Brett's parents. We also met up with Kaci, Chris's wife and her mom. It was a little chilly but we had a great time cheering on Brett and Chris. Flat Ty also made his first family outing with us!!
 |
| My beautiful B! |
 |
| Flat Ty getting in on the run!! |
 |
| Still smiling... beginning of the run |
 |
| I am in LOVE with this picture... B with Papa |
Brooklyn was so well behaved!! It is a super long race and I was a little worried but she had a blast hanging with Papa and playing in the sand! She was so excited to be there and cheer on her Daddy and Chris. She still talks about how awesome Daddy and Chris were, how they ran so fast and how we cheered and said "Go Daddy.... Go Chris". She has a super good memory and I love that she is still beaming about her "awesome Daddy". B was definitely one proud kid!!
 |
| Right before the finish line... notice the smile has gone! |
Brett was a little bummed with his time... he couldn't keep anything down on the run and was feeling very sick by the time he finished. He was pretty convinced that he would NEVER do another tri... I am pretty sure he has already changed his mind and I am also pretty sure we will be back cheering for him next year!!
 |
| Proud B sporting Daddy's medal and hat |
 |
| This was Chris's first triathlon ever... it is INSANE to start with a 70.3 but he did awesome!! |
 |
| My loves!! So proud |
We celebrated with steaks at Claim Jumper and then the next day I made Brett sit in the car for 10 hours while we drove to Utah... poor Brett... there is no way that felt good!!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness! I am so annoyed with myself! For like MONTHS I have been checking your blog EVERY day and all I see is the post with a few of your favourite photos of B. I have been thinking 'MAN she really needs to update her blog' ................then I had a thought, I might have saved the link to your blog on that particular post, so I clicked the home screen and BAM I had missed heaps of stuff! sorry!
B is gorgeous and I love all her outfits! (One of the many reasons I want to live over there) and I have enjoyed all your posts, sorry I was so dumb!!!
You just need to do Rhiannons Wedding post now, lol, chop chop!
Post a Comment