Did I mention that a certain someone is potty-trained??? Yes, yes and it is AMAZING!! She is still wearing diapers at night but that's it. Honestly, it has been a pretty easy process and she has done great! I had been wanting to potty train her for a while but never really got serious about it. She had a toilet training seat but she didn't take to it and therefore our efforts were wasted. Back in February I finally tried some advice that Shelley had given me and bought a potty! I took B to Target and let her pick out a potty and some new undies... of course she chose a Dora potty and undies to match. She was so excited about her new potty and sure enough it worked... that night she just sat down and went. I made her a sticker chart and she also got a chocolate coin every time she went. Simple as it was, it worked.
So, I went about the process very slowly. I started by just leaving her diaper off at home and gradually increased leaving it off for short trips. After a few successful weeks I would take her out for longer trips and she still did great. Now we are done with diapers during the day and it is awesome. I love how much cuter her outfits look without a huge diaper underneath them. She has really been a superstar and has only had a handful of accidents. Soon I will start working on through the night so hopefully that goes just as well!
July School Holidays
2 months ago

1 comment:
Congratulations, Beth! Good job, Brooklyn! You're such a big girl! :)
Post a Comment